Where to find Healthy Hayley now… http://freshanewchapter.com
"Those who mind don’t matter,
and those who matter don’t mind."
I have been pretty absent – For that I am sorry. I have too much going on… Although I have been reading and knitting a lot which are things I enjoy… In turn I am happy.
While reading one of my many magazine subscriptions, this quote was in it. I believe Dr. Seuss was correct. We all need to stop caring what other think because we will always second guess out selves. Enough is Enough. I refuse to care to think… “oh what will they think if they know I…”
I ordered this from Airmiles about a week ago and it came Saturday Night. It was only 600 points and was on sale (it was 900). I was very excited when I came home last night and found the package.
I today blended up Coconut Butter. I must thank Ashley at Edible Perspective who posted about her method on making coconut butter.
I started with shredded unsweetened coconut that I purchased at the Bulk Barn. I poured it all into the Food Processor and turned it on.
It took less than 4 minutes and blended into…
45% of people who set goals for the new year fail before the end of January! And guess what? Today is the first day of February.
I decided that I was not going to make resolutions just goals… Here is an update on how mine go…
- Train and Run a 5K – ON HOLD – Being sick since before Jan 1 with the Flu and Pneumonia… I am just feeling up to going back to the gym
- Do more Yoga – ON HOLD (see above)
- Reduce my sugar consumption – Work in progress and going well I have cut all pop out since Jan 1 and its not bad at all. I do get sick of water but hopefully I will get over it…
- Read 12 books (Ideally 1/month) – Have not started this yet…
- Knit & Spin Yarn (for those who are not sure I have a second blog where I discuss my craftiness over at Adventures with Little Miss) – Work in Progress
- Become a Wine Connoisseur – I have enjoyed many glasses although I have not made it to the library yet to read up
- Blog More! – Lately Yes
- Cook from my cook books. I have SO many cook books which have delicious and healthy meal that I have never even cracked open. Also within this goal I would like to try new foods as well. – I have made some great meals… Posts to come
- To stop worrying what others think and to own everything I do – This is a work in progress
- Build a budget and pay down my debt. (Also save 10% of my income) – Budget built, put in motion starting today!
- Plan & Organize so that I can accomplish all the above goals – Check Check and Check
How are your Resolutions or Goals coming along??
Hi guys! I have missed my food and healthy living blog. I have all these great recipes and photos to share with you that have been building up over the last three months. Plus I am planning a new garden which will debut in the spring! Actually lots of garden plans are in the works.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
Vegetable Gardening for Small Spaces I have been reading many blogs and books and I’ll share with you some of the specifics of using the space you have to grow vegetables and herbs.
Worm Composting Kitchen Scraps Why worms make sense for folks living in apartments or condos.
Quick Wholesome Meals: Recipes that come together in 30 minutes that are tasty, mindful of your body and your pocket books.
Canning and Preserving I really enjoyed it last year and I will be planning my year out. When and How will be the big ones shared and recipes!
Ideas for Nourishing Packable Snacks and Lunches I have a full time job and I’ll reveal to you what I bring to work for breakfast, lunch and snacks that are easy, wholesome and healthy.
Foraging for Wild Fruit, Fungus and Fronds As we head into spring it’ll be time to gather fern fronds, wild onions, ramps and wild berries. I look forward to some great Hikes too…
Well, I think that should keep me plenty busy.
By the way, what do you think of my new blog design? I’m still working on the heading. If you notice anything that isn’t working or confusing let me know.
Good Morning (or Good Night for those who have not hit the hay yet – like me)
One of my main goals for 2011 is to be Happy!! I bet you did not know that I love photography. I learned this love from my dear mother!! (Thanks Mom) Mr’s sister is an artist and she has been drawing everyday in her doodle book for over a month now, so I felt I could do something similar!! In the light of projects for 2011 I have decided to partake in Project 365. I will be posting them to my new Tumblr account, instead of here… I think it would be TOO many photos and not my focus of this blog.
I do promise to share some of my favourite shots on a weekly or monthly basis. Also feel free to challenge me to a week of a certain theme!!
What better way to stave off a cold or flu than to double up on vitamin C! We encourage you to get to know camu camu, which has more natural vitamin C than any other food on planet Earth. This super-tart superfood contains 30 to 60 times more vitamin C than an orange. We order this tart orange powder from Navitas Naturals, but a readily available vitamin package, such Emergen-C, makes a fine substitute. Either way, down this mega C flu-busting blend and put your tissues away.
Makes: 2 ½ cups
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 Tsp camu camu powder
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- Combine the orange juice, water and camu camu powder in a blender. Add the mango, strawberries and banana. Blend until smooth.
Recipes from Super-Charged Smoothies: More Than 60 Recipes for Energizing Smoothies, by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford (Chronicle Books).
[Reader – Please note I take no credit for writing the above! It is from the above book and was originally digitally show on The Daily Squeezes site I felt it was an AMAZING smoothie and we should all give it a try. I will post my personal opinion to soon – I have to go find Camu Camu Powder]