45% of people who set goals for the new year fail before the end of January! And guess what? Today is the first day of February.
I decided that I was not going to make resolutions just goals… Here is an update on how mine go…
- Train and Run a 5K – ON HOLD – Being sick since before Jan 1 with the Flu and Pneumonia… I am just feeling up to going back to the gym
- Do more Yoga – ON HOLD (see above)
- Reduce my sugar consumption – Work in progress and going well I have cut all pop out since Jan 1 and its not bad at all. I do get sick of water but hopefully I will get over it…
- Read 12 books (Ideally 1/month) – Have not started this yet…
- Knit & Spin Yarn (for those who are not sure I have a second blog where I discuss my craftiness over at Adventures with Little Miss) – Work in Progress
- Become a Wine Connoisseur – I have enjoyed many glasses although I have not made it to the library yet to read up
- Blog More! – Lately Yes
- Cook from my cook books. I have SO many cook books which have delicious and healthy meal that I have never even cracked open. Also within this goal I would like to try new foods as well. – I have made some great meals… Posts to come
- To stop worrying what others think and to own everything I do – This is a work in progress
- Build a budget and pay down my debt. (Also save 10% of my income) – Budget built, put in motion starting today!
- Plan & Organize so that I can accomplish all the above goals – Check Check and Check
How are your Resolutions or Goals coming along??
Yes it is true it is Cold and Flu season. I am pretty sure that all my immediate family has had a cold or flu in the last few weeks and I have it now.
I have tired all the conventional methods to banish the symptoms. I am feeling much better for the most part although I am still tired, sluggish and have a horrid cough. The kind that is deep in your chest. Unfortunately no couch drops or medicine has relieved the cough.
I have founds some tips and suggestions for battling the cold and flu season!
– Wash Your Hands!!
– Hot Water with Lemon (or honey)
– Gargle with Water and Baking Soda
– Eat Garlic and Spicy food, it will help clear your sinus
– HYDRATE!! Drink a lot of water.
Good Luck banishing the winter cold and flu!!
When I think of what it means to have a healthy food blog I take into consideration more than just the food stuffs that I consume. I think of Fresh… A New Chapter, way to open up my way of thinking.
I started writing this blog as my new beginning. I had closed the chapter of my life and was starting a new one and why not start it off Fresh. The whole concept did not quite click in until much later. As we do in our life go through transformations, so did my thought process and my blog.
First I felt that I needed to eat healthy and that would start the process. I would like to state this is a great place to make changes and see them. For example do you drink pop/soda?? I did. I had restricted my pop intake and my skin was clearer, my attitude and sleep improved. I share the wealth of healthy bloggers recipes that I have tried and my own.
Healthy Mind and Body
That leads to the second area that we need to work on, and this is a work in progress the mind and body. I reached out to Rita a few months ago and that was the best and hardest thing I ever did. I needed a total stranger to know my story. I did not think that I would ever hear back, but to my surprise my biggest supporter lives a few thousand kilometers away! Thank you Rita!
Lastly my spirit and this is the area I will be sharing more with is in the weeks to come. I feel spirituality comes from with in you as does your strength and your inner-ness. My inner me was my worst friend for a long time. Now that I have begun to share my adventure with the world my inner nay-sayer has gotten smaller.
I hope that you follow me on my journey to overall happiness and throughout the new chapter of my life. I look forward to hearing about your healthy journey!! Feel free to send me a email or leave a tweet!!
Please check out Rita’s great site at Fitblogger!!!
I would imagine that we have all either given this excuse or heard it throughout our lives. I had used it when it came to exercise. I do not have to workout or make my meals. I find this a cop out. Everyone will find an excuse NOT to do something. It is when you find the reason to do something is when you have changed. As you all know I found my “wanna” I no longer wanted to refer to my tummy as my food baby. Yes I had been feeding it for about 5 years. I know its time.
I was in the lunch room yesterday with some coworkers. One in particular threw out this excuse. I have been talking about my great time at the gym. She has told me that she has a membership to the same gym and is currently paying for a Personal Trainer. She bought 24 sessions and has barely used any. So I asked why? (As any of us would) She replied “I do not have the time” I thought to myself – How do you not have time. She works the same shift as I and does not have any additional responibilities as she does not have children or an second job. I was intrigued so I asked more questions. Do you live on your own? Her response “No, I live with my boyfriend and his parents”… “His mom is great she makes my meals and she does not let me clean” **Ding Ding – I think to myself so what do you do that is taking your time** I ask what do you do when you get home?? Her reply “I watch tv, and play games on Facebook. **I must state for the record I used to do the same** Although personally I have changed my priorities. I did not ask her anything more, I merely invited her to come should she find the time.
I just felt like getting this out. Do you ever have this conversations with friends?
I now have my new iPhone. I got it on Friday! I spent Friday after going to the gym searching apps in iTunes. I was specifically looking for the c25k app. When I came across many podcasts. I downloaded Podrunner and 5k101. I will be testing them out this week.
What do you listen to when you run? Have any favorite podcasts??
I am happy to let you know that I have lost 10” off my body.
|Upper Thigh (Left)||28.5”||27"||1.5”|
|Upper Thigh (Right)||29”||27"||2”|
“The big secret in life is
that there is no big secret.
Whatever your goal, you can
get there if you’re willing to
What was the big goal you accomplished this week? I lasted 25 minutes on the treadmill jogging 🙂