"Those who mind don’t matter,
and those who matter don’t mind."
I have been pretty absent – For that I am sorry. I have too much going on… Although I have been reading and knitting a lot which are things I enjoy… In turn I am happy.
While reading one of my many magazine subscriptions, this quote was in it. I believe Dr. Seuss was correct. We all need to stop caring what other think because we will always second guess out selves. Enough is Enough. I refuse to care to think… “oh what will they think if they know I…”
45% of people who set goals for the new year fail before the end of January! And guess what? Today is the first day of February.
I decided that I was not going to make resolutions just goals… Here is an update on how mine go…
- Train and Run a 5K – ON HOLD – Being sick since before Jan 1 with the Flu and Pneumonia… I am just feeling up to going back to the gym
- Do more Yoga – ON HOLD (see above)
- Reduce my sugar consumption – Work in progress and going well I have cut all pop out since Jan 1 and its not bad at all. I do get sick of water but hopefully I will get over it…
- Read 12 books (Ideally 1/month) – Have not started this yet…
- Knit & Spin Yarn (for those who are not sure I have a second blog where I discuss my craftiness over at Adventures with Little Miss) – Work in Progress
- Become a Wine Connoisseur – I have enjoyed many glasses although I have not made it to the library yet to read up
- Blog More! – Lately Yes
- Cook from my cook books. I have SO many cook books which have delicious and healthy meal that I have never even cracked open. Also within this goal I would like to try new foods as well. – I have made some great meals… Posts to come
- To stop worrying what others think and to own everything I do – This is a work in progress
- Build a budget and pay down my debt. (Also save 10% of my income) – Budget built, put in motion starting today!
- Plan & Organize so that I can accomplish all the above goals – Check Check and Check
How are your Resolutions or Goals coming along??
Hi guys! I have missed my food and healthy living blog. I have all these great recipes and photos to share with you that have been building up over the last three months. Plus I am planning a new garden which will debut in the spring! Actually lots of garden plans are in the works.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
Vegetable Gardening for Small Spaces I have been reading many blogs and books and I’ll share with you some of the specifics of using the space you have to grow vegetables and herbs.
Worm Composting Kitchen Scraps Why worms make sense for folks living in apartments or condos.
Quick Wholesome Meals: Recipes that come together in 30 minutes that are tasty, mindful of your body and your pocket books.
Canning and Preserving I really enjoyed it last year and I will be planning my year out. When and How will be the big ones shared and recipes!
Ideas for Nourishing Packable Snacks and Lunches I have a full time job and I’ll reveal to you what I bring to work for breakfast, lunch and snacks that are easy, wholesome and healthy.
Foraging for Wild Fruit, Fungus and Fronds As we head into spring it’ll be time to gather fern fronds, wild onions, ramps and wild berries. I look forward to some great Hikes too…
Well, I think that should keep me plenty busy.
By the way, what do you think of my new blog design? I’m still working on the heading. If you notice anything that isn’t working or confusing let me know.
Good Morning (or Good Night for those who have not hit the hay yet – like me)
One of my main goals for 2011 is to be Happy!! I bet you did not know that I love photography. I learned this love from my dear mother!! (Thanks Mom) Mr’s sister is an artist and she has been drawing everyday in her doodle book for over a month now, so I felt I could do something similar!! In the light of projects for 2011 I have decided to partake in Project 365. I will be posting them to my new Tumblr account, instead of here… I think it would be TOO many photos and not my focus of this blog.
I do promise to share some of my favourite shots on a weekly or monthly basis. Also feel free to challenge me to a week of a certain theme!!
When I think of what it means to have a healthy food blog I take into consideration more than just the food stuffs that I consume. I think of Fresh… A New Chapter, way to open up my way of thinking.
I started writing this blog as my new beginning. I had closed the chapter of my life and was starting a new one and why not start it off Fresh. The whole concept did not quite click in until much later. As we do in our life go through transformations, so did my thought process and my blog.
First I felt that I needed to eat healthy and that would start the process. I would like to state this is a great place to make changes and see them. For example do you drink pop/soda?? I did. I had restricted my pop intake and my skin was clearer, my attitude and sleep improved. I share the wealth of healthy bloggers recipes that I have tried and my own.
Healthy Mind and Body
That leads to the second area that we need to work on, and this is a work in progress the mind and body. I reached out to Rita a few months ago and that was the best and hardest thing I ever did. I needed a total stranger to know my story. I did not think that I would ever hear back, but to my surprise my biggest supporter lives a few thousand kilometers away! Thank you Rita!
Lastly my spirit and this is the area I will be sharing more with is in the weeks to come. I feel spirituality comes from with in you as does your strength and your inner-ness. My inner me was my worst friend for a long time. Now that I have begun to share my adventure with the world my inner nay-sayer has gotten smaller.
I hope that you follow me on my journey to overall happiness and throughout the new chapter of my life. I look forward to hearing about your healthy journey!! Feel free to send me a email or leave a tweet!!
Please check out Rita’s great site at Fitblogger!!!
I think we have all felt like this at some point in our lives… I have been back to my Office job for 8 weeks now. Working 50-55 hours a week has started to take a toll on my mind. I wake up early, eat breakfast work a 11 hour shift and then come home and … try to relax.
Here are some of the things I have been doing to relax:
- Read a Good Book – Right now I am still working to finish Eat Pray Love. I promise I will finish it soon.
- Listen to music – I have been making some playlists for the gym. I am going to be posting a new playlist every 2 weeks. Feel free to try it out…
- Snuggle up with a good show
- Pour a glass of Wine
What do you do to relax??