For any and all who followed before I had done the Whole Life Challenge back in June 2009. Well lets say I fell off the wagon. Given my current state with the potential of having Crohn’s or IBD I will be revamping and restarting the Whole Life Challenge. I intend to have this last for me for 1 month (to start) or 4 weekly posts with how and what is going on with my challenge. I hope to continue after wards. This challenge will begin on August 16th (the same day I start my new job).
Some of my changes:
- Eat BREAKFAST every day.
- Take the stairs in the apartment. (Can’t at work, alarms will sound)
- Take a 30 minute walk each day
- No POP!! (Big one for me to break)
- Drink more water
- Do Yoga 30 minutes 3 times a week
- Do lengths 3 times a week
- Limit Sugar intake
- Eat more fibre (In hopes to ease tummy issues)
- Pack a lunch everyday (no lunch at the office)
- Enjoy the small things!
- Read a book in that time… Maybe 2
- Research joining a gym
Please feel free to join in!! Comment on your own progress on your blog and link back to the week your in. I will be having weekly posts to show you how I did the week before.
- August 22th 2010 (Completion of Week 1)
- August 29th 2010 (Completion of Week 2)
- September 5th 2010 (Completion of Week 3)
- September 12th 2010 (Completion of Week 4 and WLC)
I feel that I should share some of my achievements and failures of the past month.
Health and Body: I have been feeling fairly crummy lately. The shoulder seems to be healing very slowly. I am currently attending physio 3 times a week. I have specific exercised to increase the range of motion and hopefully strengthen my shoulder. I have also noticed that I have been drinking pop, again. I realize that was an item I was truly trying to cut out… too much sugar. That may be why I have been feeling crummy.
Food: Even thought I have cheated by drinking pop. (Slaps Hand) The achievements have been great. I have been eating more fruits and veggies. I am working to minimize the quantity of processed foods. I have been trying new recipes. Also we have been indulging in yummy salads at meals. Mr. has even embraced the salad!! I am happy that he is participating in my healthy outlook.
Exercise: I have not been able to get out and exercise with my shoulder. Dexter and I do go for our walks, and I have been trying to walk farther with him. There is a local pool which I have been cleared to use. I have temporarily given up on the running as I do not feel that is an exercise I would like to do at this time. I will continue to strive to achieve that goal to run a 5k. In July I started at 208lbs and I have lost 8lbs. WoooHooo!! I am now down to 200lbs!!
Work: With the pain and injury with the shoulder I am leaving my baking position. I have been hired to work in a call center downtown. Yes it is a call center although it is full time and its all inbound. NO OUTBOUND. I refuse to call and disturb people. I will be in training for 6 weeks starting on August 16th.
Reading: I have SO many books… Right now I have found my love for reading again. I have been reading Eat Pray Love. This is a wonderful book! I would highly suggest that other should read this. I am looking forward to seeing the movie after I finish the book.
Goals for August:
- Get out and go Swim Lengths. I have included the schedule… To hold me accountable. I will go 4 times a week (Shoulder permitting)
- Eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day to help regulate my metabolism. Also it will help keep the body on a schedule with the back to work coming up.
Monday 8:15 – 9:00pm
Tuesday 8:15 – 9:00pm
Wednesday 8:15 – 9:00pm
Thursday 8:15 – 9:00pm
Saturday 1:00 – 2:00pm
Sunday 12:00 – 1:00pm
- Pack lunches!! I do not want to waste money eating unhealthy food at the office.
So I was reading some of my avid motivators posts in my Google Reader… and I was OhSheGlows (OSG) recent post on Goal Setting. She has written a list of about 10 goals and is dedicating to try to accomplish those this week.
Also I do follow some on Twitter and OSG tweeted earlier about a specific race in Toronto. The Scotia Bank Marathon which many runners participate in. Well I looked up the run and they have a 5K. It is about 11 Weeks away, and the C25K plan *which I have been slacking to start* is only 9 weeks. So here are some of my goals, Thank You OhSheGlows for the motivation.
Goals for this Week:
- START RUNNING and Finish Week 1 of my Running Plan
- Experiment with my Overnight Oats
- Make a new vegetarian meal
- Pack my lunch and SNACKS! Everyday this week
- Instead of surfing the web, try a new activity
- Enjoy the little things!
- Get in some Yoga this week
I hope these small achivable goals will help in the motivation to get off my butt…